Well we couldn't begin to tell you all the crazy and strange things that happen throughout the course of a day. Just imagine being anywhere where no one speaks your language. Its highly entertaining. I'm surprised at the lack of English ability here...especially because all these schools hire people like us to come and teach it!
Anyway, today we were taken to the hospital for our health check up. Basically we have to get a physical to prove that we entered the country without any diseases. So we were taken (by the only person in our office that speaks basically no English) to the hospital. They are very nice and labeled well so it was easy to find our way around. We had to get everything done...I'm talking x-rays, blood taken, eye check, dental, etc. Totally random! Luckily they gave us an English speaking nurse so she was extremely helpful and took Samantha and I through it all.
In all that goodness though, I did almost have heart failure because I am deathly afraid of getting my blood taken mostly because I usually pass out. They had everyone sit in a chair to get their blood drawn! How weird is that! Don't worry - I explained to the nurse and she let me lay down - thankfully!
So everything is interesting. I still feel like I need sleep. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the time. School starts Monday! We are probably going to be winging it because who knows what we are actually doing!
Oh yeah...when using your computer, imagine everything in Hangul (Korean)...that's how our computers are at work. We basically just try to use the symbols to navigate. Its hard to do! I thought I was good at Microsoft Office, but you try and delete cells from a table when you can't read any of the words in a menu!
Fun times! BTW...the pictures posted were from the airport and then both of the bedrooms and the view from our balcony. Hopefully we will have more for you soon. We'll keep you posted!
Blog Archive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment